As a startup builder, you might have various questions in your mind. Like which digital marketing strategies for startups to move with, or which one will help me get more leads and sales for my business. You might even feel overwhelmed when you find numerous digital marketing strategies on the internet for startups. And confused about how you should handle these many digital marketing strategies for your startup by yourself?
First of all, You don’t need all the strategies and it’s also impossible to do by yourself. You need to filter some of the digital marketing strategies for startups that will be beneficial for your startups. Usually, the following 7 digital marketing strategies for startups can help them to get more traffic, leads, and sales. So you shouldn’t skip any of these digital marketing strategies for startups.
And, don’t limit yourself to these digital marketing strategies for startups, you can adopt other strategies based on your customer avatar or buyer persona. But don’t skip any of these, and I will let you know the reasons in the following sections of this article.
Let’s find out how these methods can boost your startup growth.
Social Media Marketing Strategy
Social media has become digital marketing 2.0. According to smart insights, More than half of the world now uses social media (58.4%). 4.62 billion people around the world now use social media. That’s the reason, almost all brands can be seen on social media platforms because most of their potential customers hang out on at least one social media platform. If you are not there, then you are missing chances to attract your potential customers into your funnel.
By choosing the right social platform where most of your potential customers hang out, you can attract more potential customers to your brand.
Things you should consider in your social media strategy:
- Your creatives (images, GIFs, and videos) should be more attractive and eye-catching. It should have the potential to stop the scrolling fingers of your users. You only got a few seconds to stop them scrolling their screens. So, your creatives should be more interested to make them look into your profile.
- Consistent posting is important. There is no use in posting your content once a month only. People will eventually forget you and your startup brand. So show up consistently, post every day or at least twice a week.
- Regular engagement with your followers shows you are a credible person.
- The network is the net worth. Start networking with other businesses and create more meaningful relationships with other startup founders. This network can support you in the future. So don’t stop networking.
To get more out of social media strategies, you should understand your buyer persona, if you haven’t created one, create your buyer persona first and then start your social media campaign. If all these points feel overwhelming, you can use some tools like Hootsuite, buffer, or creative studios to schedule and manage your social media platforms in one place. Or you can outsource your social media to experts like us to take care of your social media when you can focus on other aspects of your business.
Search engine optimization (SEO) Strategy
Having a website and not ranking it in search results is not fine. If your website is properly optimized, it can get more traffic to the website and increase brand authority in your niche. There are several signals that search engines like google, bing, Yandex, and yahoo will look for in your website to rank it. If you want to optimize all the factors, it is impossible, because there are 200+ signals search engines look for, and no one knows all those signals. I even doubt google on this, whether they know all these signals themselves. 😁
But, Most of these factors come under these 5 broad categories, by optimizing these factors, you can rank higher in the search results.
- On-page SEO – This includes optimizing the meta tags on your website such as title tag, meta description, alt text, URL, content, etc. Optimize them in such a way that they are relevant to the search term of users and make them attractive, there are high chances that you can rank higher.
- Off-page SEO – off-page strategies are 80% backlinks and 20% social shares. The more websites link back to your website, Google considers your website contains quality content and it will push your content higher to show it to more users.
- Technical SEO – it includes changes like sitemap.xml, robot.txt, redirects, and all other technical aspects of SEO. Optimizing technical SEO can not only help you in ranking but also helps in enhancing the user experience.
- Page speed – People spend only 2-3 seconds waiting for your website to load. If it takes more time than this, there are chances that you might miss 40% of potential customers, which is a great number.
- Keyword research – Keywords are the key to SEO. It includes processes such as finding the best keyword where you can rank higher, keywords your competitors ranking higher, and planning to write content on these keywords to surpass your competitors.
SEO is one of the longest digital marketing strategies for startups and it includes numerous tasks to be carried out. Your website can take 6-12 months to rank higher in search results. However, there are some signals you can optimize within a day, check out my article on quick SEO strategies in a day to learn more about the strategies.
Pay Per Click Strategy
PPC is one of the magical digital marketing strategies for startups, it can place your website links higher than the organic search results. This is the most effective way to get more clicks and traffic to your website at a fast pace.
“A man who stops advertising their brand to save time is like a man who stops a clock to save time” – Henry ford
As mentioned by ford, every business should start running google ad campaigns for their business. Haven’t you started running ads for your startups even after what Mr Ford said?
It can benefit you in
- Getting more clicks, and you only have to pay for the clicks you got.
- You can have complete control over your ad budget. You can increase and decrease your budgets at any time.
- It will give you insights into what are the terms used by people to search for in your niche.
- You can target a specific set of audiences in a specific location. Targeting is under your control.
But, many startups lost lots of money on advertising budgets, as they haven’t optimized their ad campaign properly. Here is some advice you should keep in mind to avoid exploiting your ad budget.
- Avoid broad match keywords, because it can attract more general visitors to our site, which might affect the performance of our site by increasing your bounce rate.
- Content on your ads and landing pages should be relevant, directing people to an irrelevant landing page can break down your sales funnel.
Google ads are one of the freaking digital marketing strategies for startups, that most of them fear getting their hands on. This might feels overwhelming to you, but you can hire an experienced google ad manager to run an ad campaign for your startup.
We are offering free consultations for brands and startups to get more leads to their website on a low-cost budget. Click the below link and book a free appointment with us now.
Retargeting Ads Strategy
Did you know? It takes 7 contact points with your potential customer, to make him transact with you. This is called the Rule of 7.
And how come you expect people to buy your product or services on their 1st visit. Will you buy at your first interaction with other brands? No right? That is why you should follow the rule of 7. You should not let your visitors forget you.
This problem can be solved with the help of retargeting ads. In this ad campaign, ads are shown only to the people who have already visited your website.
This can be done with the help of Facebook ads. Facebook will place a pixel on your website. Each time when people enter your website, the pixel will get triggered and store the IP address of your visitors.
When your visitors visit other websites, the retargeting network can show your ads on their websites to you. This can help to increase your conversion rate and increase the number of contact points between your brand and your visitors.
Sounds more technical, uh? get a free consultation with us regarding retargeting ads. It’s completely free. Click this link and book an appointment now.
Content marketing Stratgey
Once again, read this.
Content is the king of marketing. Content marketing is the one that brings trust and credibility to your brands. You need content in all the above digital marketing strategies for startups, be it Social Media, Emails, SEO, Ads, or YouTube, you need content to deliver your message to your audience. Without content, there is no marketing.
An effective way of content strategy includes writing and publishing content at each stage of your buyer’s journey. Content should either educate, inspire or entertain your audience. If you have written content in such a way that can solve your reader’s problems, it will make your visitors trust you. Trust is very important in digital marketing. Without that, you can transact with your audience.
The benefits of content marketing
- It increases brand awareness and visibility, and it will make you an authority in your niche.
- It paves way for new audiences into our funnel.
- Makes you an expert in that particular niche.
- It can help your social media campaigns through content repurposing.
- Eventually, you can become an author of a book with all your content compiled.
But, one thing that stops people from writing more content is a lack of content ideas. If you are not able to find the content idea. Try using some tools like SEMrush, Ahref, etc. to generate more keyword ideas you wanna write for in your niche. Or get a consultation from a content expert like us to get your content calendar filled up with amazing content.
Affiliate marketing Strategy
Affiliate marketing is one of the trending digital marketing strategies for startups. People who don’t have products and services promote others’ products/services and earn a commission for each sale or lead they bring in. You can use them as an advantage to sell your products and services.
How great it is, other people are also putting in their efforts to promote our products and services. These people can be influencers or thought leaders in a particular niche. You can either directly contact the influencers in your niche or register yourself in some affiliate networks like CJ.com, shareasale.com, etc. And set a percentage as the commission for your affiliates.
You can even also create a unique link for each affiliate you work with and you can also track the number of sales each link brought in. Thereby you can pay your affiliate accordingly.
Email Marketing Strategy
Don’t be the one of them who believes that email marketing is dead. In that case, sorry, you are also mistaken like most people. Email marketing strategies are still alive and they can bring you great results when you execute them correctly and when you understand your buyer persona. And here, you don’t need to spend much on email campaigns.
According to Hubspot, email marketing can generate up to 42$ for each 1$ spend on it. You do the math. This ROI is greater than all other marketing methods. Now tell me, is email marketing dead?
Marketers use emails to gain the trust and credibility of their leads. I would recommend you send value-filled emails to your email list so that they will trust you when they need to transact with you. Gaining trust through some other methods may be less effective than email marketing, that’s why you shouldn’t skip email strategies for your startup.
But, not all brands experienced the greatness of email marketing, only a few marketers tasted success because others haven’t understood their funnel and buyer persona. And they might not optimize their email campaigns well.
Some tips to optimize the best email strategy for your startup:
- Personalize your emails – Don’t write emails for a general audience. Write them like you are talking with one specific person in front of you, like in this blog post I am talking to you directly.
- Marketing automation – there are many marketing automation software out there, from which you can segment your leads in your email list, and assign scores to them based on their response to your emails (like open rate, click-through rate, etc).
- People will open your email only when your headlines are attractive and eye-catchy phrases.
- While you are writing your emails, you should persuade your readers to take any specific actions after reading your email.
- Make the emails easy to read, and optimize them for mobile devices.
- You can include your logo in the custom signature at the end to boost your brand visibility.
There are various platforms like Sendinblue, Convertkit, etc. where you can manage all the above points or you can consult with copywriting experts like us to write and manage your email campaigns.
So, you have gone through how different digital marketing strategies for startups can help you to grow in this competitive market.
And you should not skip any of these digital marketing strategies for startups. By this time you would have understood how your startups may get affected without any one of these marketing strategies.
You might get overwhelmed after reading all these methods, and maybe get confused about how you could handle all these tasks by yourself.
In that case, here is a lifesaver opportunity for you, we offer a free consultation on digital marketing strategies for startups. We have 10+ years of experience in the digital marketing field helping brands and startups from different industries.
Contact us, and we will show you the route to the success of your startup.